Snow Leopard Bootcamp drivers needed?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mikced76, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mikced76 macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a new 21.5 Imac (with the ATI Radeon HD 4670) on which I have just installed Windows 7 32 bit version. Everything worked great and upon starting Windows 7 for the first time my network is working, the ATI 4670 drivers seem to be installed automatically and also sound drivers seem to be there, everything of this Windows 7 did automatically. So my question is: why do I need the Bootcamp drivers from the Snow Leopard disk, what extra value will they provide? Can it hurt my computer all togehter if I skip the drivers from the Snow Leopard disk? will it perhaps have drivers other than above that are absolutely needed for the system to function properly?

Sorry if this question has been asked. Did a quick search but could not find anything similar.

Thanks
    Mike

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Do the special keys work on the keyboard, such as volume and brightness too? Check the device manager and make sure that drivers were installed for the iSight and the Nvidia chipset as well, since there are several drivers to be installed for the latter. The Boot Camp package does include a control panel extension and system tray application that provides the ability to change the startup disk and choose the behavior of the function keys, but beyond that, it's just a driver package.