Snow Leopard build 10A432 botnet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zbasarab, Oct 30, 2009.

1. zbasarab macrumors member

Just thought I should put this out there. I have a friend who works for Apple and others in the computing industry. If you torrented a version of Snow Leopard build 10A432 (torrenting is illegal, not that I'm advocating FOR it), you may have a zombie computer now >/

If you did torrent SL then I would highly suggest reinstalling a purchased copy just to be safe.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Why would you have a zombie computer?

Torrenting isn't illegal, I do it all the time, to download free linux distros.

3. JavierP macrumors regular

I've heard that ftp and nntp are also ilegal

4. zbasarab thread starter macrumors member

Essentially the person who uploaded the file (in this Case OSX 10.6) altered it in someway, by creating a malicous software program, which then works in the background of the computer's operations'.

In short, my point is that some people may have malicous software on their computer similar to a virus.

5. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

If I had a nickel for every post I read that had this line in it...

6. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

And Apple would know this because? You story don't make sense btw. A friend, who works at Apple, tells you about torrent version of Snow Leopard... pretty sure Apple have other stuff to worry about then a torrent that don't concern them.