Snow Leopard .CDR into .DMG...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shaunymac, Oct 25, 2010.

1. shaunymac macrumors 6502

Ok,

I backed up some of my software to my HD so I could install it faster, safe keeping, I no longer have a superdrive on my MBP, etc.

I have one issue. I copied my 10.5 Leopard disc and everything worked fine with it. I did a clean install with it a month or so back because my SSD was getting a little slow. I then tried 10.6 Snow Leopard right behind it and I keep getting "To install Mac OS X, use Disk Utility to burn this disk image to a DVD and run this application again."

Is there anyway I can get around this. Like I said before, I no longer have a superdrive. All I have is a .CDR of the Snow Leopard disc. It is roughly 6.5 gigs.

I have tried a few different ways but have failed, so I find myself here.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

2. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone?

I think I'm going to take my Mac back to apple tomorrow, maybe, because it is now making an electrical noise when it scrolls, resize window, etc. This is unacceptable after receiving a new logic board.

Anyhow, maybe they can give me advice on this? Maybe not. I think it is legal to copy your disc to a HD/USB to put it on your Mac seeing the Air has no Superdrive.

If I go and get this solved, I will report back so someone will know in the future.

Thanks guys!

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You need to boot your Mac from the image somehow. One way is to "burn" it to an 8GB or larger USB key, using Disk Utility.