Snow Leopard Clean Install - iLife Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wolfpackfan, Aug 3, 2009.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I'm just doing some preliminary thinking about what I'll do when it comes time to install SL. I've about decided to do a clean install. I've looked back through my disks and I have disks to do re-installs on most my software (Quicken, etc.). The only think I seem to be missing is iLife. I bought my Mac back in January (Mac mini) and iLife 08 was installed on it. I got a free upgrade to iLIfe 09 but all I can figure is I must have done a download to get it. I can't seem to find any CD's to do the install from. Will the $29 version of SL include iLife? Is there any records that Apple would have of my free upgrade? It's just not real clear to me how I will get iLife installed. This isn't a huge deal as I don't use much from iLife. I use Picasa for my photos, but I do occasionally use iMovie.

Update - sorry for the stupid questions. I kept looking through all my disks and found my iLife 09 disk.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

iLife is on the grey install disks that you receive with the Mac.
    Snow Leopard will NOT include iLife in the retail or upgrade version.

3. minusten macrumors member

So if performing a clean SL install, will the old grey applications disc work for reinstalling iLife etc?

4. fpar macrumors regular

Yes, its the second grey disc labelled applications.

5. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

My iLife 09 disk says "upgrade" on it. Will I have to install iLIfe 08 from my original disks before I install 09?

6. pdjudd macrumors 601

You can try, but it may not work. If you still have your original 08 disks you should be fine. You got nothing to loose.