Snow Leopard conflict with Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yobob, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Yobob macrumors newbie

Excuse me if this has been answered already, but after upgrading to Snow Leopard I am no longer able to get WNBA Live Access to work. It requires installing a Windows Media Player for the Mac, and I installed the version that is suggested for my new operating system but no luck, it won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. timothyleigh macrumors newbie

Windows Media Player

I've got the same problem. I have installed the latest version of Windows Media Player for Mac and Flip4Mac but can't get Safari (or Firefox) to show a simple video. Any ideas!?

3. NVSoi macrumors newbie

Me Too

When I try to open a WMP file on my hard drive I get a message that
    "QuickTime Player must be installed to run this application" So I went to Apple web site and downloaded latest version of QT (764 Leopard). When I try to install and get to "Destination Select" I get a message reading:
    "Quick Time can't be installed on this disk. This version of Quick Time 7 can't be installed on this disk because Quick Time X is already present. Please use Software Update to install the appropriate version of Quick Time for your Mac."

When I go to Software Update it ends up taking me back to the Apple page to download QT 764 Leopard. A circle with no apparent way out! HELP ANYONE!?

4. gluckett macrumors regular

Flip4Mac

Hi all,

I was having the same problem. If you go to the FlipForMac web site, they have a beta version for Snow Leopard users. After installing that, mine seems to work again.

Hope this helps.

5. tmacdjd macrumors newbie

6. tmacdjd macrumors newbie