Snow Leopard Connecting to NT4 Domain

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by BigOrangeSU, Sep 1, 2009.

1. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

Hi-
    I am having problems connecting to an nt4 domain using Snow Leopard. I go under shared and select the server and then choose "connect as." I put in my domain\username and then my password and I get the message that my password has expired or it is invalid. I tried talking to my IT admin and he said the issue could be somewhere in Snow Leopard that it is not allowing it to connect to unsecured networks. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

3. Adam0306 macrumors regular

Adam0306

UH??? I have no idea other than telling the IT dept. to upgrade their network to something this decade?

4. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

Woah woah, woah, NT4 was one of the best operating systems microsoft ever wrote!
    ;)

5. Adam0306 macrumors regular

Adam0306

I wasn't saying that but anyways that was WAY BEFORE my time.

6. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

Ask your I.T. Department if they can temporarily put you in the local administrators group on that server and try it again.

7. BigOrangeSU thread starter macrumors regular

I seem to be able to connect on a computer running leopard but not snow leopard. Therefore I think there is some type of setting. The IT Admin mentioned something about NTLM Login and how in vista you have to go in and make a change. Any suggestions are appreciated.