Snow Leopard cost refunded? (Weird)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SeanZy, Aug 28, 2009.

1. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

A weird thing that has happened to me...

I pre-ordered Snow Leopard on Tuesday night and my debit card was charged the 32.91 after tax or whatever it was. It also posted the two one dollar charges to verify the card was in good standing. Those charges cleared and everything was good to go.

I received my Snow Leopard today, upgraded it and all that good stuff, and was about to head out when I wanted to check my card balance.

Well, sure enough, the Snow Leopard charges are gone and the 32 dollars previously charged have been credited back to the account and I have a balance of +32.91 now after it.

Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone have an explanation for it?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Companies often do a full temp charge (to hold the funds), revert the temp, then do an actual charge.

3. SeanZy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I understand that and have read about that, but I mean how long does it take for the full charge to be posted?

And what would happen if someone didnt know this, and figured they could use that money since it is an "available balance"

I just think it is weird they would post the money as available when clearly it is not.