Snow Leopard + CS4 Products = Disappointment

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hollyw0od, Feb 12, 2010.

1. hollyw0od macrumors member

I recently purchased a Mac Mini. Got Win7 installed and works perfectly. Only now I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever use the OS X side again, since I can't seem to get anything done. Fireworks crashes at shutdown, Photoshop is buggy. Do any of the Adobe products work?

Thought Macs were supposed to be better. The old adage, "Once you go Mac you never go back" is not holding true here...

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

So not being able to use Adobe software completely invalidates the other selling points of the Mac OS? Have you tried contacting Adobe for assistance getting their software functional? Run updates for your Mac OS and Adobe CS4?

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

4. hollyw0od thread starter macrumors member

That's strange, thought I downloaded all the updates. There is a 131mb file to download, so we'll see if that helps.

I just get a little frustrated sometimes, because I really would like this to work. Having to learn a whole new OS and making sure everything works properly is a little daunting.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I can definitely appreciate the frustration of the transitional period. Everyone who is a switcher has been through it. It just takes time to get everything just the way you want but I daresay that within a few weeks you should be up to speed on the Mac OS or at least its general usage and you will find yourself using Windows 7 less unless otherwise required by work or productivity.

6. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

I've only used InDesign CS4 on Snow Leopard, but it seemed on par or faster than on my G5...

7. hollyw0od thread starter macrumors member

This seems to be a known issue that Adobe has yet to acknowledge.

Edit: Appears an official statement by the product manager of Fireworks, Bruce Bowman has been posted. Although, this information is not seen in the Adobe FAQ section where they claim full support for Snow Leopard.