Snow Leopard disc for mini, install on Macbook Air?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by red42, Dec 7, 2009.

1. red42 macrumors regular

Hello All,

I have a brand new mac mini, its come with a Snow leopard disc but it says for mac mini on it. I also have a Macbook Air with 10.5. I would like to know if it will work to upgrade the Macbook Air via the remote install over my wifi?

Thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Please do a search. This sort of question is asked at least 10 times every single day by cheapskates like you. Restore DVDs are locked to only install on the type of hardware they ship with to prevent the sort of casual piracy you are contemplating. So it won't work technically. In addition you would be breaching the EULA opening yourself to the potential of being sued.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

^ Yeah what he said.

Plus, it's only $29 in store.

4. red42 thread starter macrumors regular

okay no worries I'll pick it up for a few quid on eBay. Owning a Macbook Air and a Mac mini hardly puts me in the cheapstake category though.

5. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

not spending the $29 to get a separate install disk for the air does though.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Lol ouch! consider yourself reprimanded OP. the CD is locked to the Mini but i highly doubt Apple will be knocking on your door and serving you with court papers for a lawsuit :rolleyes:

7. red42 thread starter macrumors regular

I dont use dollars anyway. I've picked up one for £10. I'm not complaining.:D:D