Snow Leopard disc for mini, install on Macbook Air?

red42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Hello All,

I have a brand new mac mini, its come with a Snow leopard disc but it says for mac mini on it. I also have a Macbook Air with 10.5. I would like to know if it will work to upgrade the Macbook Air via the remote install over my wifi?

Thanks

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Please do a search. This sort of question is asked at least 10 times every single day by cheapskates like you. Restore DVDs are locked to only install on the type of hardware they ship with to prevent the sort of casual piracy you are contemplating. So it won't work technically. In addition you would be breaching the EULA opening yourself to the potential of being sued.

Comment

red42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Please do a search. This sort of question is asked at least 10 times every single day by cheapskates like you. Restore DVDs are locked to only install on the type of hardware they ship with to prevent the sort of casual piracy you are contemplating. So it won't work technically. In addition you would be breaching the EULA opening yourself to the potential of being sued.
okay no worries I'll pick it up for a few quid on eBay. Owning a Macbook Air and a Mac mini hardly puts me in the cheapstake category though.

Comment

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
Lol ouch! consider yourself reprimanded OP. the CD is locked to the Mini but i highly doubt Apple will be knocking on your door and serving you with court papers for a lawsuit :rolleyes:

Comment