Snow Leopard doubled my Applications

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thabends, Aug 29, 2009.

1. thabends macrumors member

I kept all of my Leopard Apps in a folder called Mac Apps. After installing Snow Leopard, I still had that folder with all the old versions and all the new versions too.

2. Canerican macrumors regular

What do you mean new versions? You're saying you kept your apps in a separate folder from "Applications" why?:confused:

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Could it be that it segregated incompatible apps?

4. palmharbor macrumors 6502

here's the problem

Yeah, I ordered Snow Leopard then I learn Friday that there will be NO
    update for my Samsung Laser ML2010 or my Brother 3240C plus
    Peralles will not be working anymore either. ...So, as soon as I get it
    I am selling it.

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

The reason why that happened is that you moved the apps into a different folder (moved from Applications to Mac Apps). The Installer looks for the Applications folder, and since nothing was in it (or was gone), it reinstalled everything.

The Installer isn't going to look through your entire harddrive to find applications that shouldn't have been moved/renamed. I learned that before in a different circumstance.

6. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Selling Snow Leopard or the stuff that doesn't work?

If you're going to sell Snow Leopard does that mean you'll never ever EVER upgrade your computer again because it won't support those legacy pieces of hardware?

Is this why you see those goofy people that still use an SE/30 and refuse to part with it at all? "What! This doesn't support all my old programs that I have stored on cassette tape! I ain't a upgradin!"

7. thabends thread starter macrumors member

Because I had so many apps. They're all in the applications folder, I just made a sub-folder in it for "macapps" and one for " downloaded". Doesn't seem that unusual to me.