Snow Leopard Exact release time?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by yoyo5280, Aug 25, 2009.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Hey all!

I hope if this has already been asked, but does anybody know what time the APPLE STORES (not online) will get Snow Leopard. I want to wait in line and get it :D

-Omi

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Supposedly a few people asked and they have claimed that SL will be available when the stores open.

Call your store to find out.

3. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Oh really? No cheering and lines and free starbucks and shirts?

-Omi

:(

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

5. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Woah. They give out free shirts?!

6. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Yes, I understand that.

But i'm still disappointed.

Oh well, calling the Shibuya Apple Store now to see what they have to say.

Yup guydude193 I got a free leopard shirt and they were giving away starbucks from the starbucks down the street.
    Twas amazing.

-Omi

7. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

The Apple Store in SLC has them at open. No clue on shirts, etc. You got starbucks free with Leo?!?! All I got was a bottle of Diet Coke and a T-Shirt. xP

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

It seems like Apple has had Snow Leopard done for while, so I'm guessing stores got the shipment already and will have them available in the morning when they open.

It's not that big of release because it isn't a sporting 1000 new features but I'm sure it will be busier than the typical day at an Apple Store.

I'm kinda happy you don't have to wait in line til 6, I can get it Friday early and enjoy.

9. lulala macrumors newbie

i just called Apple store since I am trying to decide where to purchase. He mentioned that there won't be any launch party since it's not a major lease. So, no T-shirts.
    He also mentioned that people do a lot of online shopping for the SL. Thus, that store is going to sell as they open on Friday.

10. minik macrumors 65816

The Mac Genius mentioned the release of Snow Leopard to me last night. According to her, they didn't receive any detail except the store will open on a regular hour (or just not telling me much about the launch).

No biggie, I have already talked to my boss about it and visit the Apple Store on Friday morning. Who knows what will happen.

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Talked to my local store too...said they hadn't got any world. I'm trying to plan my trip to NYC thrusday and right and midnight go grap 10.6...lets hope!