Snow Leopard Family Pack

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Macnificant, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

I am was thinking about buying the Family Pack version and sharing with family and a couple friends but it states online that it must be used with persons in the "same household and used by persons who occupy that household."

Is there anyway of contolling this?

Can it be used by someone outside of the household?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Legally, you can only share it with people in the same household.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It can be used by anybody, but it's not supposed to be used by anybody outside of the household. Technically, you could just get the single license version and use it on multiple computers, but again, you're not supposed to.

4. Queso macrumors G4

There's no way of controlling it at the moment, but if Apple start losing large amounts of sales because everybody did this there most likely would be in the future.

For the sake of keeping OSX free of activation codes etc. please keep to the terms. It's not like SL is horrendously expensive.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes. You say, "No, friend of mine, I have integrity and respect Apple's license for this software that is not expensive whatsoever, so I am not going to let you use my disk."

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

And your friends can't be that poor so they couldn't afford 29$ for SL if they had money for Mac. I agree with above posts, don't give it to your friends.

7. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

"The ultimate edition" is $49,90 for 5 licences. Compare that to another not named ultimate edition...

8. dborja macrumors 6502a

+1 LOL!

Everybody gets the Ultimate Edition within a great pricing structure. Let's keep our side of the licensing agreement and it's likely to stay that way. Otherwise, do you want to deal with Home, Professional and Ultimate editions and Upgrade/Full Version pricing and capability permutations?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.