Snow Leopard Features in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jwhite878, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jwhite878 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a multitouch gesture to use the F10 key (pushes all windows out of the way to get to desktop). In Snow Leopard it was a 4 finger swipe, but in Lion, I believe it is dashboard. Also, I had some terminal commands set up in SL that I would like to get working again. My favorites were bringing widgets to the desktop by holding shift and dragging, and showing the contents of folders while using quick look. Thanks!

EDIT: I found the F10 function, but the 3 finger pinch is difficult to do on the smaller trackpad, is there any way to change this?

2. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

download BetterTouchTool and please use search next time

3. Alveezy macrumors regular

i wanna be able to use the Three-Swipe gesture as a back & forth feature for finder and also as a grab & drag. apparently you have to choose...hopefully it's just a bug.

4. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

on a per-app basis, you can pick a gesture action for each app in BetterTouchTool, but using those 2 actions with the same gesture wouldn't work in the same app.

Grab and drag left or right would be the same as swipe left or right

5. jwhite878 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! BetterTouchTool serves its purpose. Any idea on the terminal commands?

6. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

What terminal commands are you referring to?

7. jwhite878 thread starter macrumors regular

The ones I mentioned in my first post: Dragging a widget onto the desktop and showing the contents of folders in quick look.