Snow Leopard forgets time machine backups

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Pagemakers, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

I have just installed Snow Leopard on 4 machines and on each of them unless I keep selecting the time capsule backup folder from the preferences page it is only showing time machine backups from when Snow Leopard was installed. e.g. today.

Any ideas?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Not sure, but I did notice that I had to manual turn TM on - even though my TC was connected. First back up was almost 7 GBs :eek: And I did an update.... not sure what gives there. :confused:

3. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

Same here but when I go into time machine it shows only backups from today. As soon as I reselect the backup folder all the backups are there.

After a few more backups they disappear again until I once again reselect the backup folder.

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

well, I am going to do an Erase and Install after my stuff finishes copying to my TC. after the fresh install, I will just drag my media/docs back from the TC and then re-enable TM.

just wasn't overly impressed with the upgrade of SL.

5. toonz macrumors newbie

Mine worked perfectly.
    Did a standard upgrade installation - after the install I never touched the Time Machine settings, it just kept backing up to the same backups as previously. I haven't checked whether the full history is there though...