Snow Leopard Freezing, Making my Mac useless.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chrisworld, Jun 12, 2010.

1. chrisworld macrumors member

Delete please. Problem Fixed.

For those of you who have freezing/beachballing in Snow Leopard and upgraded from Leopard - delete every 3rd party plugin you installed during Leopard in Quicktime, Quicklook or Safari...etc..

2. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

I can't say that your suggestion is a definitive answer; in my case, the 10.6.3 update causes my system to freeze to a completely blank screen 2 or 3 times a day forcing me to reboot. No problems at all with 10.6.2, but I'll deal with it for the security plugs in 6.3.

3. chrisworld thread starter macrumors member

I guess what I meant was there are compatibility issues between old plugins and SL. I have 6.3 right now too, if I were you I'd check to make sure everything you are using on your mac works with SL 6.3 because in my case (the plugins for example) weren't and were causing some major problems. I had to reboot many times too. After removing them, SL works like a charm now.

I was basically unable to do anything useful with my mac other than browse the web and that was painful too. 30 second Beachballs on every new window/tab for safari. 30 second Beachballs for every new app opened. And seemingly endless beachballs while converting songs in iTunes or backing up data to an external HDD. It was pretty bad.