Snow Leopard good for developers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cabbit, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

In my opinion the big pro feature coming soon is Snow Leopard.

How many have got a application using even 1/10th of leopards features, never have i seen an application make any use of core animation yet nor 64 bit.

I would think just for kicks someone would have a 64 bit app out there with some use of core animation just to try it out.

I think a halt on new OS features and a refining of OS X added with some new hardware (Screens and blue ray disk burners) and making all the Apple pro apps 64 bit for Snow Leopards launch i dare say even freezing any other new features on them to bring them to 64 bit multi core aware and solid.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

How would you know? CoreAnimation based animation is not visually distinguishable from any other animation. What are you expecting to see?

For reference there are examples of CoreAnimation all over the place. For example when a buddy comes online in iChat and their avatar "flys" from offline to online. That's done with CoreAnimation.

3. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Spaces uses Core Animation.

Safari uses Core Animation when you drag a tab from the tab bar and it expands.

Time Machine is the essence of core animation.

You're just not looking hard enough. :D

4. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

You looking at apple built apps. I am talking about other developers.

5. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Any application that requires Leopard likely does so on account of Core Animation. Delicious Library 2 comes to mind.