Snow leopard hazard 10.6 on apple macbook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by samcan26, Jun 20, 2011.

1. samcan26, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011

samcan26 macrumors newbie

Hi,

My HDD recently crashed. I bought a new one but unfortunately I am on the other side of the world to my os x install disks. I couldn't purchase snow leopard in the city i'm in, so i bought a DVD with snow leopard hazard. Installed fine, did updates, got a kernel panic, removed the sleepenabler.kext and that is all i have changed, other than installing some software.

I don't know much about kexts... my question is, can i remove some/any kexts written for hazard so that the system can use the intended kexts?? Currently my macbook wont properly shutdown or enter sleepmode. It hangs on a black screen with fans still running until i do a hard power off.

Cheers
    Sam

MacBook1,1 1.83 GHz 1.25GB RAM 500 GB HDD

2. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

I very much doubt you are going to be able to get this working. These OSX86 install disks have more than just kexts to help them run on standard PC hardware.

Could you not buy a copy online?

3. samcan26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.

I am travelling and don't really have an address to send the disk to. Do you know if there is a way to check for genuine apple kexts (command line or tool)?

Otherwise i guess i will have to wait until I hit a big city (Lima, Peru) to grab a copy of Lion (hopefully out by then).

Appreciate the help.