Snow Leopard HP printer drivers?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by srfisher101, Aug 28, 2009.

1. srfisher101 macrumors newbie

I just installed Snow Leopard successfully, but it doesn't know my HP2600N network laser printer. It's not in the support document and the closest printer, a 2605N is supprted. But HP's site says "HP LaserJet - Software Information for Mac OS X 10.6" and "Obtain Software", but there's nothing there. Any idea of when HP will support the 2600N? (All other upgrades had no problem with the 2600N).

2. celticpride678

If it is not available now, and HP says it will, give them a few weeks.

3. srfisher101 thread starter macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro 17 and my HP2600N are three years old, and there's never been a problem with upgrading MAC OS X. Since the 2600N is not on the Snow leopard support list, does this mean I'm screwed?

Following the advice in the Apple Support discussions, I downloaded the HP2600N 10.5 drivers. All seems to be well with the old drivers. Whew!

4. JupiterGPL macrumors newbie

JupiterGPL

What do I do if my printer is listed as a compatible printer and yet still does not work?

I am using an HP Deskjet F4100 series printer.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...6935&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

According to that link my printer should be good to go.... It is listed in the print set up properly. I send a print job to it. The job shows up in the queue. It says printing page. It disappears from the queue as if the printing is complete. But nothing ever comes out. The printer stays silent.

Loading the 10.5 drivers did not work either.

What should I do?

5. SponPlague macrumors newbie

I am seing similar symptoms with an OfficeJet 5615...

6. Slava macrumors member

Slava

Thank you, it did help

7. googleuser macrumors newbie

missing HP 2600N printer driver for Snow Leopard/Apple Support link request

Steve - Could you post a link to the Apple support discussion indicating how you remedied the absence of a working printer driver for the HP 2600N following Snow Leopard installation. I'm unable to find it, after 24 hours of poking and prodding. HP has dropped a ball on this one...

8. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I hope HP supports this OS upgrade better than they have in the past. I've never been happy with HPs software development.

9. gunmetalgrey macrumors newbie

Similar issue with my HP Deskjet F340

HP site says the drivers should be already part of the snow leopard upgrade, but when I try to add the printer, it tries to download some "new drivers" but then says the drivers are "currently unavailable" and then exits.

10. California King macrumors 65816

Same thing happened to me. I dl'ed the software pack that includes the driver for OS X 10.5, and after it automatically installed Rosetta, the printer worked. I don't have any printer options like choosing to print in black and white anymore though...probably just have to wait till HP releases something.

11. rfrankl macrumors 6502

My HP 3050 will print from Time Capsule, but not directly hooked up to my iMac via USB. There are many others with problems on the Apple discussion boards. I have tried many things, but still no luck. HP just sucks with drivers and support.