Snow Leopard iChat Previous Messages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by msizzle64, Sep 15, 2009.

1. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

In Leopard, whenever I closed iChat with open chat windows, and when I relaunched it, my previous chat history would still be there, but now with Snow Leopard, whenever i close it and relaunch it, my chat history is erased. I do save my iChat transcripts and i've been doing that since leopard, and in Snow Leo i have "Show the last 250 Messages" enabled, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The setting you found isn't quite what you're looking for. That just means that when you open a chat, it shows a few lines from the last time you talked to that person.

What you're looking for was never a feature of iChat, but I'm guessing you had installed Chax, which did that for me. Unfortunately, it's not quite ready for primetime in Snow Leopard yet, but you can take a look and see if it'll work for you. http://ksuther.com/blog/ From reading that though, it doesn't look that feature's back just yet.

jW

3. msizzle64 thread starter macrumors 6502

msizzle64

Well iChat isn't even doing that with that feature enabled. Whenever a new chat is started, it's blank. And i never installed Chax.