Snow Leopard icons, wtf

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ohkine, Aug 28, 2009.

1. ohkine macrumors newbie

So i've had Snow Leopard installed for a couple hours now and i am having a really ridiculous problem with icons. Two of them, actually:

1. I am unable to change certain icons. For example, i can't change the icon for the /Developer folder. I give myself read/write permissions to it, i paste the icon... nothing happens. This has happened to other folders as well. ???

2. More importantly than that, i am getting a TON of pixelated up-scaled icons -- and this started happening way before i changed any icons, so don't blame it on that. Here are some examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (note: I haven't touched anything in CandyBar, all i did was drop it in the Applications folder. So don't blame it on that either.)

[​IMG]

It's all completely random, i don't get it. Is nobody else seeing this?

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

I'm having the same issues. I can't change the Safari, Mail, iTunes, Address Book, etc. icons on SL, no matter what I do.

Anyone have any advice?

3. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I restarted and it fixed all of that. Also had to restart for icons to change via Candybar.

4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

i just logged in as root user to change icons

5. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I just had to download the new version of Candybar, and restore a few of my icons. The only thing I lost was my wooden dock -- I actually didn't have it in my Candybar folder anymore for some reason, so I just need to redownload it.