Snow Leopard impressions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacBH928, Apr 13, 2010.

1. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

So I collected my courage, backed up my leopard to external hd, cleared my main HD and installed snow leopard on it, and imported everything.

The transition is very smooth and perfect, it is as if I made an upgrade installation. All the files and apps work including MS-Office 2008 and photoshop. I gained around 6GB of hard-drive space, the processes was very easy and simple. My hardware is a 13 macbook 2ghz 2gb ram, non firewire.

The OS seems snappier but I might be imagining . I am not sure what is so significant about Snow Leopard, you might as well keep using Leopard, my favorite feature is browsing within stacks. A lot of the features look as if they may be done with a regular update.

Currently running 10.6 , using the Software Update, it says there are no updates for my system . I am not sure what is wrong when I know for a fact 10.6.3 is out .

My fans turn on a lot more now especially when watching flash videos. Hard to say if its worth the $25-30 price , maybe if you are a computer fanatic it is, otherwise nothing special.

2. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

Well,
    I went to Apple and downloaded the new 10.6.3 combo update
    to install it on my 10.6 macbook 13
    everything runs fine now, not sure what the update do exactly

but everything is still running smooth