Snow Leopard In Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AnotherFanBoy, Aug 28, 2009.

1. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Hey guys

I bought a MBP last week and so I qualify for the up to date program. Does anyone know if it's possible to take the receipt into the store and get the discounted price?

Also has anyone who used the online up to date program gotten their copy already and if not, when is it expected?

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It seems people on the up-to-date program aren't getting theirs today as hoped. I've yet to see it happen myself. My card also has been charged.

As for walking in store, I seriously doubt it.

3. salesguy macrumors regular

I was hoping my copy would ship yesterday like my buddy who bought his from Amazon did but it did not. Apple said it would ship no later than today so we should see them Monday or Tuesday.

Kinda BS if you ask me considering how far in advance some of us ordered.

4. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

I bought my new Macbook Pro yesterday and asked this very question. Was told I would NOT be able to get Snow Leopard in the store for the $9.95 price. It would cost the full $29.95. Apple Store associates have been briefed on this situation many, many, many times according to the associate that helped me.

So to get Snow Leopard for $9.95, you'll have to use Apple's Up To Date website: http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

why didn't u just wait a day to get the mbp unless u live far from a retail store ? That way u avoid the hastles related to paying for sl and waiting for delivery. If u bought the mbp today, I'm sure they were giving out a sl disc with your purchase of a computer.

6. AnotherFanBoy thread starter macrumors regular

I think it should be an option to go into the store but it isn't so we have to live with it.

I also think they should have delivered the up to date discs on the release day.

7. bamf macrumors 6502

If you buy a Mac starting today, it's a drop in disk until they have time to get it installed on their stock.

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I say two weeks before stock comes with Snow Leopard.

9. salesguy macrumors regular

I agree, if Amazon can do it, why can't Apple?

I just checked and my copy shipped today via USPS, ETA is September 2, fail. :apple:

10. sab150 macrumors regular

if you bought it yesterday you could get it free i guess! ..you are well within your 14days return period so go back instore say you want to return and buy a new computer with snowleopard, im betting they will just give you the disk for free.

11. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Both my uptodate discs turned up today.

Yeah :), just doing back up then a clean install.

12. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

yeah, except there is a 10% re-stocking fee, isn't there?

So the restocking fee you'd pay on a $1300 laptop way outweighs the $29 that the upgrade disk would cost, and definitely outweighs the $9.99 that the up-to-date programme disk costs. ;)

Fabian

13. sab150 macrumors regular

not a restocking fee here in the uk i dont think.. well iv never payed one?!

14. stormborn macrumors newbie

i never had to pay a restocking fee but yea they need to give the upgrade version in the store. It's a BS way to get people to pay the 30$ instead of 10$...btw, apple care told me the 10$ version was a up-to-date version that did not allow a clean install. They admitted it was "gimped" version. Such crap. That kind of stuff really makes me rethink my Mac purchase. Do they really need to act like anything done online is a separate company from their Apple Stores? I mean really??