Snow Leopard Install Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cp316, Dec 26, 2009.

1. cp316 macrumors newbie

Question. My son just got a macbook pro which came with a Mac 0s x install dvd version 10.6. I am using an imac that is still running Mac osx 10.5.8

Can I use this DVD that came with his macbook pro to upgrade to snow leopard..was hoping someone could help with this.

CP

2. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

3. celticpride678

Please search before you post as this has been discussed MANY times before. It will NOT work because OS X Install DVD's are computer specific.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....yes, as has been said, this gets asked almost every day - *search* before creating new threads please.

And, yet again, in addition to the technical aspect of the discs being made for a specific model of computer there is the matter of the *license agreement.* Having a disc does *not* entitle you to install the software wherever, for whomever, and however many times you wish. Please read the agreements you agree to when installing software and respect them.....oh yeah!

5. JerseyKyle macrumors newbie

blue screen

since installing sl, my imac itself works fine however i am stuck with a solid blue wallpaper. everytime i try and change it, it goes back to blue screen within 30 seconds or so. not a crashing problem like others have faced, but annoying nonetheless. anyone have any ideas???

6. The General macrumors 601

Maybe you should make a new thread about this instead of tacking your question to the end of a completely unrelated thread.

7. JerseyKyle macrumors newbie