Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wreckie

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2011
Ok, heres the deal:
I have one MBP with Leopard on it, but I also have iMac's Snow Leopard disc, that came with purchasing. Can I use iMac's installation disc to upgrade Leopard -> SL on MBP?

Thanks in advance.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...this question gets asked/answered at least once a week - searching before posting is a good idea.

No, the disks that come with a computer are specific to that model. Additionally, the license is only for the computer the disks came with. Having a disk does *not* entitle you to install on any computer you may have - it's a *single computer license*....oh yeah!

Wreckie

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2011
Duff-Man says...this question gets asked/answered at least once a week - searching before posting is a good idea.

No, the disks that come with a computer are specific to that model. Additionally, the license is only for the computer the disks came with. Having a disk does *not* entitle you to install on any computer you may have - it's a *single computer license*....oh yeah!

Thanks very much Duff-man :), next time I'll try searching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.