Snow Leopard Installation Errors (?)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by u962849, Jul 21, 2011.

1. u962849 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm trying to install Snow Leopard on my Macbook (13" 2009). Before I can even agree to the terms and conditions, the installer throws up a message saying "Mac OS X Snow Leopard cannot be installed on this computer.". As far as I know my computer meets the requirements (intel processor, dvd drive, 1gb ram, apple supplied video card etc).

I called the Mac helpline and they had no idea and advised me to take it to the nearest "Genius" store (using the term loosely). Before I give those jokers ago I thought I'd see if anyone here could help me.

Thanks a heap for your time.

2. u962849 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, so i started in single user mode, checked the HD and everything is fine. Still no joy. Suggestions?

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

The message "..cannot be installed on this computer" usually means you are trying to use an grey install disk from a different model Mac. The grey disks are model specific, ie a specific iMac model, and will not install on a different system model.

Where did you get the disk?

You probably need either the retail OSx disk (black), or an install disk that's for your system.