snow leopard installed now no printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ROGERWILCO357, Sep 15, 2009.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Well I installed the new Snow Leopard and bamm no more printing from my Epson printer . Had to go to the printer website and download there fix . Now I am printing once again. So the moral of the story is if your printer isn't functioning after your Snow Leopard upgrade visit your printers website and they should have the drivers there. For some reason Epson on there site said do not use your equipments cd the disc that came with the printer but rather download there patch ..I think there driver won't work with the new Os.:confused:

2. CountBrass macrumors regular

Yeah I noticed this as well: SL patched to 10.6.1 and during the install I got a bunch of messages about various drivers for my printer being bust: which is non-sense as they worked fine with Leopard. Mine's an HP printer, so it's not just Epson.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Had you tried running software update?

HP released a new set of drivers through Apple alongside the 10.6.1 update.

4. CountBrass macrumors regular

I used Software Update to install 10.6.1 so yes: it was whilst it was writing the 10.6.1 update to disk that I got the messages about various HP printer drivers being bust and that I should contact my vendor for updated versions.

5. macgrl macrumors 65816

this has happened to me with my lexmark and also my hp f4280 which I used to scan and print. Nothing works with either of them now. I have tried updating software, uninstalling and then re-installing the printers. It is very annoying and I now wish I hadn't bothered to install snow leopard as I can't really see much improvement for my uses. But I now can't print or scan :(:(