Snow Leopard is adding multitouch, but to what?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sergeant Pepper, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Sergeant Pepper macrumors member

Jan 28, 2009
    So, Snow Leopard is supposed to add multi-touch gestures to MacBooks that dodn't support them in Leopard. In a Gizmodo article on the subject, they said that this includes MacBooks that previously only supported two-finger scrolling, which I assume includes early-2008 white MacBooks.

My question is: is that really what Snow Leopard will do, or is Gizmodo just getting my hopes up for nothing?
  2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    It's adding the 3 and 4 finger swipes to MacBooks that only had multi-touch before.

The white MacBooks do not have a Multi-Touch trackpad.
  3. Sergeant Pepper thread starter macrumors member

Jan 28, 2009
    Does this include the early 2008, white MacBooks? Sorry for being annoying, but I've heard conflicting reports on this.
  4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I would believe that this means the laptops that had the three finger multi-touch already, such as the Rev A MacBook Air and Rev D MacBook Pro.
  5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    No. No white MacBooks have Multi-Touch trackpads.

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

Jan 22, 2009
  7. joedhoe macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2009
    If that guy has found a software solution and describe the symantec track pad that is in the white macbook as being able to track four fingers then I assume that is what apple did in snow leopard no? I mean the hardware is there otherwise the guy wouldn't have been able to make this possible so why wouldn't it be possible to see multi touch and more specifically what I need in it the Chinese character finger writing on the white macbooks?