Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I am starting to see really strange stuff in SL. In Leopard I had a problem that when ever you installed something, the terms and conditions appeared in Spanish for some reason. Ok with me since I am fluent in Spanish, but just weird anyway.

Now, for another unknown reason programs that are to do with the OS, such as TextEdit or Activity Monitor show up in an asian language in Spotlight. This was also happening with Leopard except the programs were in Spanish, so I didnt really care, but now I can not understand them:

SLMessUp.jpg

The only thing I can think of was that I had enabled Korean, but only the trackpad on my uMBP to see what it was like, but disabled it from the languages tab as soon as i got bored with it. Because of MobileMe syncing settings it has also started happening on my iMac as well. I can think of a way to get rid of it.

Any else experienced this, also if you know how to get rid of it please let me know it's really pissing me off:mad:

cheers
carlos

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
1) Disable Korean
2) Manual sync and replace settings info on your MobileMe cloud (under manual you can push information to your cloud from your computer).
3) Disable Korean on iMac
4) Sync

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
korean is not switched on though. only british english is on which is why i dont understand

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
FYI. That is Japanese. Also, do a search. This issue came up before. You may not find it though, since people like yourself gives non-descript titles.

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Geez thanks for the help on that... People like me would not need to ask if people who knew the answer would actually give advice and not refer to a thread from 3 years ago.

I though of calling the thread 'Snow Leopard core programs are turned into an asian language and i do not know how to change it'. but since that is too longer title, and people would simply ignore it, i didnt.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Geez thanks for the help on that... People like me would not need to ask if people who knew the answer would actually give advice and not refer to a thread from 3 years ago.

I though of calling the thread 'Snow Leopard core programs are turned into an asian language and i do not know how to change it'. but since that is too longer title, and people would simply ignore it, i didnt.

3 Years huh? A search would have given you the following thread with the answer, and it was posted within the last month.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/778908/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.