Snow Leopard Killed My Internet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by evanjorgensen, Sep 1, 2009.

1. evanjorgensen macrumors newbie

evanjorgensen

Hey everyone,

I have quite the issue. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard (from Leopard) via USB install disk [thumb drive with Snow Leopard .dmg, Mac OS journaled formatted, GUID...] and everything seems to be working just fine EXCEPT...

My interwebz stopped working!

The airport seems to be working and recognizes the other networks in range, and says that it's connected. When I try to load a page, Safari continues to try and load but eventually says that the 'page can't be displayed'.

I've tried everything - Resetting router, switching browsers, renewing DHCP Lease, toggling airport,etc. It won't even work via ethernet cable from the router. I've read some other people that have had these issues but have not seen any fixes.

Running a Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys have. If you are having the same issue, please post here so we can collaboratively figure this out.

Thanks!

2. evanjorgensen thread starter macrumors newbie

evanjorgensen

3. evanjorgensen thread starter macrumors newbie

evanjorgensen

ATTN ALL:

**If you are having a similar issue, here is the fix:

Go to the network preferences in system preferences.

When your airport is selected, press the minus button at the bottom to delete the airport network.

Then, press the plus button and add another Airport connection.

***OFFICIAL FIX***

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Isn't that the most obvious thing to do?

Oh yeah, Snow Leopard killed my cat.

5. stereocilia macrumors newbie

Hub Fix

I actually had a similar problem with my linksys router yesterday. It would not renew the ip no matter how many time I clicked the DHCP renew button, but I had internet connection if I plugged in directly to my modem. If you have a similar setup this may help. I bought a new linksys router from walmart, used the software it came with, NetworkMagic and it reset the router. I don't know if there's another way to do this, besides hitting DHCP release and renew. But it worked for me. Oh yea, then I took back the router, see if you can find that program on the internet, if that's actually the problem you're having.

6. JF73 macrumors newbie

This is the fix ! Worked perfectly for me !

Thanks evanjorgensen !

7. klarsen7 macrumors newbie

That Solved It!

I think I tried this before, but it didnt' work. Never had internet problems until I loaded 10.6.1 - it always connected and all of a sudden no airport connection anywhere would work. NOW IT DOES! THANKS !!!