Snow Leopard Launch, Southampton Apple Store

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MarcBook, Aug 28, 2009.

1. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I was the first (along with my mum) into the Southampton Apple Store. The staff did a cheesy little count down from ten, which was quite cool. The staff were very cheery and enthusiastic. Always a good thing. Anyone else buy Snow Leopard from this store?
    Can't wait to install.

2. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Cool. But no T-shirts? :(

3. MarcBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Nope, sadly no t-shirts... I guess since the upgrade is so cheap they're not going all-out on extras like they did previously. I mean look how basic the packaging is! Leopard's was pretty small and simple, but Snow Leopard's is the bare minimum required to hold the disc and the documentation. :rolleyes:

4. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Thanks, glad I didn't go down to my local store this morning then :(
    Just seen my Postie, so hopefully Lady Luck is thinking of me, postal strikes be damned :D
    Otherwise I'll be installing my developer copy :rolleyes:

5. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

They have some good staff in Southampton. There's a guy called Ant who works on the weekends ... studying for a PhD during the week .... he really knows his stuff well. Top bloke if you need any advice.

6. rhaleuk macrumors member

Could anyone confirm for me if any UK shops, Apple Stores and Premium Resellers have stock of the Family Pack? I was told by my local Premium Reseller that no Family Packs are available until next week.

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I bought one this morning from an Apple Store.

SnowLeopard.jpg

8. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Plenty in the Leicester Apple Store so I expect other stores are the same.

9. rhaleuk macrumors member

That's great. Thank you. Odd how resellers and Amazon etc don't have family packs yet.

10. sananda macrumors 68020

Yeah, I was going to pop down to Micro Anvika and get a Family Pack but they say they are only expecting the single user version.

11. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Yes me. I believe I spoke to you in the Queue. I was the guy who had brought his MacBook in for repair at the same time.

12. MarcBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Hmm... I didn't speak to anyone in the store apart from my mum and the Apple guy dealing with my SL Family Pack. I was wearing a red t-shirt with grey sleeves, brown hair. Ring any bells? :)

I think I did see you slightly behind me with a MacBook, though.

P.S. Snow Leopard is looking pretty darn good so far, although it's not hugely different from Leopard (as we all knew already). I haven't run into any bugs yet, apart from my old Time Machine back-ups having issues restoring. Not really an issue, since all the files can be accessed manually.

A few things incompatible, but nothing really important. Updates are on the way (obviously).