Snow Leopard/Leopard Dock and Finder Mods

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jimmy43, Oct 28, 2009.

1. jimmy43 macrumors member

Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone has heard of a way to do the following in SL/L:

-On the dock, to the far right you can have applications, downloads, etc list of folder.

What I would like to do is modify the default behavior for these icons only so that they open on hover rather than click. I want to do this because I have them setup as list style, and I can very quickly browse to whatever folder I need from there.

-If you open a folder in column view, you can hold down ALT and resize all the columns at the same time. This will also change column size for ALL folders in the system immedietly. Is there such a shortcut where I can also change the size of the finder window for ALL finder windows? Some finder windows open as tiny little thing, and I woudl prefer a nice large default window. I know you can do each one separately and close it but who wants to do that for every folder?

2. DanielHoerr macrumors newbie

Finder Column Default?

Ok, this is killing me and I know it's an easy answer.

When I have a Finder window open, and I press cmd-j to bring up view options, I get a "Use As Defaults" for all views EXCEPT COLUMN!

How do I use Column view as my system default for all windows????

Thanks for any help.
    Daniel