Snow Leopard linked to Linux Network

Discussion in 'macOS' started by KeithJaw, Sep 6, 2010.

1. KeithJaw macrumors newbie

We've recently upgraded our system to Snow Leopard.

Prior to that, after booting up, Finder would show an icon representing the each of our shared network drives. Access to these was no different from opening a file in one of the home drives.

Now, with this 'upgrade', finder shows only the I.P. address of the network. When attempting to access a file, there is a significant delay while the system appears to try and re-establish the link. Sometimes the folder structure is shown with missing 'branches' while this link is being established.

Does anyone know if it's possible to overcome this, or is it yet another 'feature' of Snow Leopard that we have to learn to live with?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Try an 'Connect to Server' (command+k) and put in the IP of the Linux server. Then on your password all in UPPERCASE. See if that works.

3. KeithJaw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info.

Tried that, but both volumes I wanted to access were greyed out.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Can you still access these systems locally? I ask because OS X is telling you is can't see any access to the systems.

5. KeithJaw thread starter macrumors newbie

The network appears on the sidebar with its IP address. When I click on the icon, the first column opens with the same icon, and says "connecting...". After about 30 seconds, the volumes are displayed below, and everything progresses as normal. Until next time ...!

This only happens on machines on which we've installed Snow Leopard. Doesn't happen with machines running OSX 10.4