Snow Leopard/Lion Dual boot File Sharing Problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by showingcatches, Oct 10, 2011.

1. showingcatches macrumors newbie

Hi

I'm triple booting my MBP but the issue I want to discuss regards my Snow Leoplard and Lion partitions.

I want to share files between them. Ideally by being able to access the User folders in each partition and browse at my own whim.

I can't seem to get the user permissions/sharing settings right. If I click on the Snow Leopard partition from inside Lion, I open Users/my username and all the folders have the red no-entry symbol. Likewise if I browse Lion from within SL.

I've tried adding my Lion username to the folders permissions (when I'm working within SL) and giving it read/write access but it doesn't seem to work.

Is it possible to browse accross partions and if so how do I set it up.

Thanks in advance...

2. showingcatches thread starter macrumors newbie

*update*

(The original system on my MBP was snow leopard this I updated to lion.
    The Snow Leopard partition I added afterwards.)

I can now access my Snow Leopard user folder from my Lion partition. I did this by in SL adding user: My Lion user name, giving it read/write permisiions and clicking apply this to all enclosed folders.

It still doesn't work if I try to access lion from SL. Either by entering my SL user name to lion, giving it read/write access and clicking all enlosed. Or by doing the same for the user group - 'Everyone'. Nothing!

As the machine was originally lion is this why the Lion user name works in SL??