Snow Leopard: Lost My MPEG-2 Playback Component

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mac In School, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I have FCS 3.0 installed. I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard, and lost my MPEG-2 Quicktime playback component.

Other than buying it again, or re-installing the entire suite again, is there a way to re-install the component?

Thanks.

2. Mac In School thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmmmm... Okay...

I guess I could reinstall all of FCS. Does anybody know if FCS 3 still comes with the MPEG-2 Quicktime playback component?

3. psingh01 macrumors 65816

If you have a Time Machine backup just get it and pop it back into the quicktime components folder. That's what I did. If you don't have the backup then I would suggest contacting apple to get the installer.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Did you try installing the optional quicktime 7 in SL?

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

put in your FCS installer disk,

in the finder GO menu > Go to Folder, type /Volumes/Final Cut Studio/Installer/Packages/

this will show all the installers,

Double-click the QuickTimeMPEG2Pro.pkg

6. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I tried that it said I needed to install Rosetta to install... this is from FCS v.2. Does that mean the MPEG-2 component is only a PPC utility/app? Is there a version for intel so I don't have to install rosetta?

7. GentleGim macrumors newbie

This fix worked perfectly for me using FCS v3.0 installer disc. Thanks. I do have Rosetta installed (why not?).

8. Bunsen macrumors member

This happened to me also, I used Pacifist to go into the installer package on the FCP install disk, and copy the mpeg 2 component into the System/Library/QuickTime folder.
    BTW, you can skip the scan of all the other disks when Pacifist asks, it's on the first one.

9. bobznc macrumors member

Thanks you all so much! Worked for me except I was using a disk image and had to change the folder search to:
    /Volumes/Final Cut Studio Installer/Installer/Packages/