Snow Leopard Mail.app can't get IMAP mail from OS X Leopard Server?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by marcpalmer, Sep 23, 2009.

1. marcpalmer macrumors newbie

Since updating to Snow Leopard 10.6.1 Mail.app has been unable to retieve IMAP mail from my OS X Leopard 10.5.x server running the standard cyrusd.

Does anybody have any clues? Mail just sits there syncing the mailbox forever, it never stops. If I turn on logging to file, it just continuously FETCHes from IMAP and never ends. It's driving me mad.

My iphone can get the IMAP mail from the same server absolutely fine. I added the mail account to a new OS X Snow Leopard user account, and that also failed to get anywhere. So its not corrupted data on my MBP.

It doesn't appear to be corrupted data on the OS X server either, as the iPhone works.

2. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Would suggest you try Mozilla Thunderbird to see if you can reproduce the issue. Because if you can't, it could be a Mail.app bug.

3. marcpalmer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thunderbird works...

OK I tried and thunderbird gets all the mail from scratch in a matter of seconds (and there's a lot of it).

So it really looks like a Mail 4.1/snow leopard 10.6.1 bug. I've filed a radar. Crappy crappy crappy.

4. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Interestingly enough, there's a new TUAW article today that mentions what sounds like this issue and says it appears to be specific to 10.6.1 and Mail.app in some way. No solution yet, but it's apparently been noticed in the Apple support forum discussion boards.