Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrtrilby

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Well not so much a leak but since upgrading to Snow Leopard I've noticed that over time, a big chunk of my RAM is being siphoned off into a process called OSMServer. Does anyone know what it does and why? And more importantly how to stop it doing it? It's currently using over 1GB of my 4GB RAM and making the machine run like treacle.

The only way to clear it seems to be a full shut down and restart. Which is fine for a while until it fires back up and starts gobbling RAM again.

mrtrilby

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Answering my own question - I used the "ps" command in Terminal to work out where on the disk the errant process lives, which helped me work out which app it belonged to. Turns out it's some background process that's part of http://www.opditracker.com/products/opdiTracker.asp

It obviously doesn't like something in Snow Leopard so I've removed the app for now and hopefully problem sorted.

Other than mail.app not wanting to sync with my Google Mail account, that's the only issue that I've had upgrading to Snow Leopard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.