snow leopard multi-touch on white macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pica93, Aug 25, 2009.

1. pica93 macrumors member

Apr 21, 2008
    Just wondered it anyone knew if snow leopard has or will give multi-touch features to the white macbook 4,1 That can only do 2 finger scrolling at the moment.

I remember reading on MR somewhere, that snow leopard would give it to the older macbooks.
    Just wondered if anybody with snow leopard already has found if its there.

Cheers in advance

I have already ordered snow leopard, but i cant wait for it, and knowing royal mail it won't be here until tuesday/wednesday next week! :(
  2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    No, it's only if the notebook could do the pinch and rotate stuff on the trackpad. If it did, it can now do the 4-finger swipe etc. if it couldn't before. I think it only relates to the early 2008 MBP and maybe an Air from around that period.

two finger scrolling is not multi-touch.
  3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2009
    The 'Books that MacRumors was referring to are the ones that already had multi-touch. The addition for those 'Books is just the 4-finger-gestures.
  4. pica93 thread starter macrumors member

Apr 21, 2008
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me :)
  5. tekio macrumors regular

May 31, 2009
    I'm disappointed that apple didn't add this when they could have easily :(
  6. California King macrumors 65816

Sep 20, 2007
    Is it some special hardware that those Macbooks have to give it multi-touch or is it just a software thing? If so, I'm sure someone can hack it to get multi-touch! :)
  7. Cyclo0n macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2009
    No its not software unfortunatly, Its purlely hardware, The trackpad from the uMB is based upon the iPhone/iPod Touch screen.

So hacking wont work ;)
  8. tekio macrumors regular

May 31, 2009
    Hacking would work, there's already a working multi-touch driver for linux that works on the white/black macbook.