Snow Leopard - multiple license upgrade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by samulliner, Mar 31, 2010.

1. samulliner macrumors newbie

Can someone help?

I work for a company that provides Apple products to schools. We have a school that needed to upgrade from tiger to snow leopard.
    We contacted our suppliers who ordered and delivered what we thought we needed.
    With this being Apple, what we hadn't counted on is that Apple ONLY supplied a license, and not the actual media to physicially install it. :mad:
    Our suppliers are now saying middle of May for delivery of a media set. The school has been waiting since Christmas as it is and is getting a little shirty to say the least!

Does anyone know if we can use the license number we currently have with an set of disks? i.e. I have a Mac Box Set which includes snow leopard. Can we change the serial?

Anyone have any other thoughts or do we just need to sit it out and wait?!

Thank you in advance...

;:)

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

If the Mac Box Set you have includes Snow Leopard then just use that disk.....

Apple does not use licence numbers so there should not be any problems - other than the time it will take....

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

You don't need to enter a serial number on installation so any retail disk should do. A disk that comes in the box with a new Mac won't work on a different model/revision.

The license number is just a record that you have permission to install on multiple machines.