Snow Leopard @ MWSF 2009?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Fonzijr1964, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

With the current Page 1 speculation of new iMacs (in the forum: mac pro, Mac mini) coming before MWSF 2009 does anyone else think we may see allot of SL or maybe all of it at MW? As Steve said before he is not interested in touch screen's or net-books, so what will he give us? He cant walk out on stage and say hey um u got all ur gonna get until WWDC.

What do u think?

2. ghalimacman macrumors newbie

I think Snow Leopard will be talked about in MacWorld, but probably not ship until June, or around that time frame. I am very excited about Snow leopard because it will (at las) not support PPC, so there will be significant speed bumps!

3. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

yeah...i think it will be discussed, but not released until summer. which is a good thing. we don't need another rushed version of leopard thrown out to the public. i am also looking forward to the speed increase that was promised. i hope they don't disappoint.

4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

how was leopard rushed? tiger was the longest running osx

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Snow Leopard can stay in the development community for all I am concerned. Currently I have gotten my machines to work well. Every update whether going from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 or going from 10.4 to 10.5 there is always something I have to fix or a bandage I have to do until the next update. I have my system working and don't need to update until something really stellar come along, and Intel only binary is not all that stellar.

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

As to the original question, I do not think that we will see a Snow Leopard release at MWSF '09 at all. I think that we will see it released no earlier than WWDC '09, and more likely around this time next year. I do think that we will see a big preview of it, highlighting the new features and technologies in it, but just as a preview. And I think that Apple will probably give a general release date that will most certainly be off.
    Leopard was by no means rushed, it was slightly over-buggy, but by no means was it rushed. It was possibly the most delayed OSX release ever.

7. Fonzijr1964 thread starter macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

I think they did a good job with it.

So if u guys dont think we will see a release of SL what will be the prominent thing at MW?

8. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Didn't Jobs say Apple would never put video on an iPod, that they would never switch to Intel, and Leopard would not be delayed (to October)? Maybe it's a smoke screen...

• Snow Leopard preview
    • iLife '09 and iWork '09
    • Tablet (and touch features in iLife and iWork)
    • Mini-tablet (with iLife mobile and iWork mobile)
    • Mac Pro (and Xserve) with Nehalem, Steve Jobs saying "see, we are not abandoning pros"
    • 17" MacBook Pro
    I would be surprised if none of these things are announced at MWSF (including the three bold ones).

9. Fonzijr1964 thread starter macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

wasn't the last iLife '06? the only think i can see them doing out of that would be the touch features for iLife, but only for the Glass trackpad, and the Nehalem. I do like the smoke screen idea :D hopefully its true i want an iphone pro

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Steve will announce that the computer display is so old and out dated.
    He will then proceed to demonstrate how all new macs will only use audio to display and "image"

He will also introduce push email in mobile me (again)

Then his computer will crash, an Apple genius will come out with his trusty back up drive desperately trying to find the FW port.

11. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

What will we see at the next MWSF 2009 ?

Well, I do not know...:) No really, I would love to see the following :

- Snow Leopard (I am really looking forward for it's promises of speed bumps and great stability).
    - iLife and iWork 09 (I don't know why, but I like those suites and always wonder what else they can add or do better).
    - The introduction of a "touch" computer (laptop and desktop).

And of course, other bites and pieces like updates for the iPhone firmware, etc...

12. G4DP macrumors 65816

The mac pro's will get another silent update the morning of the keynote.

13. Fonzijr1964 thread starter macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

Prolly true or the week before

14. calabi macrumors regular

apple won't talk about snow leopard until WWDC 2009.

15. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

16. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

17. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Well

I just want to see tighter integration between different elements. I would like to see exchange built in to SL. But I would like to see tighter integration between Apple TV and the iLife suite and the iphone. I would like to be able to geo tag my photos, have them appear on a 3d google aearth map (or something similar) and then be able to have that appear on my wide screen HD tv.

There are lots of other things- like something coolris native between safari and apple tv etc.

18. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

i base this "opinion" on the fact that Leopard has had many updates (bug fixes) since it's release less than a year ago. i'm not downing Leopard, but i would rather they take 6 extra months to iron out a lot of issues, instead of releasing it and have us find them.

19. Fonzijr1964 thread starter macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

i mean before that

me too

i would like a real  TV (i would buy ten) or a apple DVR that would sync with iTunes
    Oh i c

well i liked the release it was a good OS to start and they fixed all the big bugs on 5.3 And tiger was very old

20. polar-blair macrumors regular

Mac mini update, I bet you there will be a new matte version of the MB/MBP's (if everyone keeps on moaning as they are doing) wider range to the Displays, I guess if they are bringing in the new Mini Display port they will need to update the Mac Mini and the Mac Pro.

If the Mini is updated and given a Mini Display adapter only that will be crap! The reason why you get the mini is so you can use your own display, Keyboard and mouse, if you have to get a special apple Display for the mini there will be a lot of un-happy mac users. I hope the mac mini gets a well deserved and amazing update.

21. Fonzijr1964 thread starter macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

i totally agree and if the mini does some with a MDP it will have to come with adaptors

i like ur silent movies BTW

22. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I don't think that is really the best route that Apple could have taken (waiting another 6-months), and even still, we would still have probably seen a near-equal amount of updates in relation to the time that it has been out. Most problems/bugs aren't realized until the product has been out for the general population to "poke" at. Just my opinion.

23. Fonzijr1964 thread starter macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

true dat

24. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I'd put money down on WWDC '09 but if it comes MWSF '09 then well... awesome!