Snow Leopard Myths Debunked!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ComicStix, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ComicStix macrumors member

I love how we have all these threads going around about, " It's there so I can do it!" BEFORE YOU POST LOOK AT THE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS!

Can I install a single license on more than one Mac?

Yes. You can do it but it's against the EULA you probably won't get caught but your conscience will be yelling at ya.

Can you install the Upgrade on Tiger?

Yes. You can many people have done it and Mossberg from the Wall Street Journal has CONFIRMED it. I have no idea why anyone has a problem with that except that they're angry that they didn't wait to upgrade Tiger. Things come to those who wait! Thrifty shoppers are not criminals. The EULA says otherwise, but the EULA is only good for lawsuits anyways :D

Are all the disks the same?

Yes. I think all the disks are the same. They all don't ask for serial numbers. They also don't check your operating system to see if you are being truthful or not. The only disk I don't think is the same is the UTD (up to date) disk that would make sense to make sure you had Leopard so you didn't just get it for a 10 dollar bargain.

How many options are there?

There are 3 disks:

1. (Single and Family) Mac Box set (ilife 09 and iwork 09 and snow leopard)
    2. Upgrade version Single License
    3. Upgrade version Family Pack

Hope I answered all the Snow Leopard myths. Message down here if you want anymore added. You will be acknowledged in the post :D

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They're not really myths and to be honest those questions have been pretty much answered and dealt with.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i have a question: will iMovie 06 run on SL? i sure hope so (not using imovie 08 or 09)! :mad:

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Seconded.

++ Snow Leopard comes on discs, not disks, since you took it upon yourself to write the wrong word so many times. Even Apple has a helpful article on the subject.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

did not know that, thanks :D

6. ThomasW91 macrumors newbie

The only way to get the $10 upgrade is to provide your serial number and place of purchase for online verification in order to receive it, which is what I did. No way of getting that deal unless you are allowed to.