Snow Leopard Needs an Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by harry*333, Sep 25, 2009.

1. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

If you think Snow Leopard needs an update to fix all all these problems post something here.

My biggest problem is that my imac won't wake up and I am forced to shut it down by holding the power button, it happens about once every two days and it is quite annoying.
    Also (I don't know if this happened before or not) the apple symbol in the menu bar changes every two seconds, not a big deal but just weird.

Attached Files:

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Check your RAM... my MB was doing the same thing with not waking up and also quitting some apps upon wake, so i switched out the RAM and sure enough... It's going back to OWC to get replaced.

3. harry*333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry*333

I did do a hardware test using boot disc
    everything checked out ok

4. Schtibbie macrumors 6502

Thanks a LOT. Mine does this too and I NEVER would have noticed it if not for your post. Mine changes (like in your picture) but in a flickery random way.

5. Betelgeuse macrumors member

I'd really like to see the problem fixed of Spaces (and Expose, apparently) forgetting about the mouse buttons assigned to them. The mouse button still appears assigned in the menu, but it just doesn't work anymore. Deleting the parameter file fixes it until the next reboot (or so), but it gets broken again soon.

6. davidlv macrumors 65816

I have noticed 2 problems. One is similar to those mentioned on the Macintouch thread "Snow Leopard Discussion (Sept 23)", regarding file permission changes when transferring files between Snow Leopard and Leopard machines. The UID is different for each machine even though the long and short names are the same. This causes all sorts of problems with file sync applications over an AFP network connection. Notably, Silverkeeper, supposedly SL compatible and working fine on Leopard-Leopard machines via AFP and firewire, cannot handle the changes, and pops up an error message. Using the migration assistant on a new Macbook Pro totally shreaded the whole system, all file permissions were kaput, and I had to erase and install then tranfer data via firewire and reinstall all apps one by one :eek: (problem reported to Apple Care in Japan). Migration assistance needs an update, IMHO.
    Second, I noticed I can no longer double click on the top of any window to send that window to the dock (like clicking on the yellow button, which still works as expected). Is this a new "feature" or a bug? :confused:
    So far, I have no issues with MS Word - Office 2004, haven't tried Excel yet.
    In my experience, all Apple OSes get stable somewhere around xx.4 or 5 and later, so as we are still at 10.6.1, some glitches are to be expected. :rolleyes:

7. chinny4290 macrumors newbie

8. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi

I would would like the random black screens of death fixed I am getting one a week, not alot but only started after installing Snow Leopard update :(

9. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Did you double check that setting in Appearance in System Prefs?

I know on my clean install of SL, that option was off by default.

-Kevin

Attached Files: