Snow Leopard not connect to ANY wireless network (w/ screen recording)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ziggyonice, Sep 12, 2009.

1. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Okay, this is ridiculous.

I have one of every type of the newest Macs: MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro. Since upgrading them to Snow Leopard, none of them will connect to any wireless network -- regardless of the router (AirPort, Linksys, Cisco, etc.) and regardless of the type of security (open, WEP, WPA, etc.).

Every time I attempt to connect, I get the message that the "connection failed." Here's a 20 second screen recording of what's happening. Any ideas?

2. ziggyonice thread starter macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

For anyone who was interested, here's what I did to fix it.

Went into Library/Preferences/System Configuration/

Deleted the following files:
    com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
    com.apple.network.identification.plist
    NetworkInterfaces.plist
    preferences.plist

Restarted computer. Volia! It works!

3. Acsom macrumors regular

My issue is that my 2 month old MBPro connects, but every time I close it, it does not reconnect on reopening.

I did as you said, and that made it worse; it would disconnect after any small period of inactivity, about 5 minutes. The only way to reconnect is to restart both the computer and the router/modem

So far tonight I did the update to 10.6.1; no joy, if anything connectivity got even worse! I did a complete router/modem reset (push of the back button, shudder) and reinstall, and had to get a WINDOWS based laptop because the Verizon installation package is not compatible with either Safari 4.03 or Firefox 3.5.3...

Now it seems OK. I won't really know until tomorrow morning when I try to reconnect.

Speaking as a new Mac user, this is easily the worst OS update I've ever experienced, on a par with Windows Millenium. And I paid $30 for it. Apple needs to watch their own advertisements, then look in the mirror.