Snow Leopard not installing...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SkeffMBP, Aug 31, 2009.

1. SkeffMBP macrumors member

Hey all-

I've got a question - My wife's Macbook (2.0 Intel Core Duo) is not recognizing the Snow Leopard disc, and I'm not sure why. I initially thought that even though Apple is saying that all Intel's are compatible with SL, they focus on the Core 2 Duo's and since her computer is technically a single core, it wouldn't work. Everything I have read has stated that SL will just run in 32 bit mode with Core Duo's - so I'm pretty confused. As for it being a bad disc, it's recognized immediately in my MBP....

Any thoughts on why this may be? Thanks!

2. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

3. SkeffMBP thread starter macrumors member

That's a great question - I had tired a CD, but not a DVD. I'll have my wife pop one in and see if it works.

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Her computer actually does have a Dual Core Processor. It's 32-bit, but that probably wont make any difference to your Wife.

I'd go with the CD idea, it might be that the DVD Drive in the computer isn't working.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Either bad optical drive or bad DVD. If other DVDs (not just CDs)work, take the disc to an Apple store and have them replace it.

And, as said above, her machine does have a dual-core CPU. A 32-bit dual-core CPU. It'll work fine with Snow Leopard and the lack of 64-bitness wont matter one iota for that machine.