Snow Leopard not working at college?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rjjk91, Sep 3, 2009.

1. rjjk91 macrumors newbie

My girlfriend just called me very upset saying that she just installed snow leopard and her schools network will not support it until ninety days! Whats up with that? I leave for school tomorrow- am i going to be in trouble?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

uh what?

seriously

like the internet? it shouldnt even matter

4. rjjk91 thread starter macrumors newbie

thats what she said. Im not exactly sure- she said she called apple and they said it wont work for nintey days?

those were her words, i wish i knew

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It depends on how connectivity and authentication is handled and over Ethernet or 802.1x.

That doesn't really help.

The definition that I took is that the campus technical support won't be unavailable for 90 days for training purposes. It can still mean plenty of other things.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

apple said it wont work for 90 days? im reeeally lost as even if the school didnt somewhow support it, there would be no way for apple to know that

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Technology: not for everyone.

I say before you panic you ask your girlfriend to clarify because frankly, I called Apple about Logic (THEIR APP) and the guy told me I should google whether Apple's Logic works on Snow Leopard.

I have no faith in what Apple employees say to me. On that note, does your girlfriend work for Apple by chance?

8. rjjk91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i called her back she said when she went to connect to the internet and her computer said VPN client not supported. She went to tech support at her school and they said their networks werent up to date to work with snow leopard and wouldnt be for 90 days. She called Apple they said that that wasnt possible because they sent out network updates to work with schools 18 months ago. Her school said well 90 days

i dont know ?

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea thats believable

its a vpn client that hasnt been upgraded to SL yet

10. rjjk91 thread starter macrumors newbie

well is there a way for her to revert back to leopard?

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea, just use here install disks

does she have a time machine backup? it not, she will lose all of her data so definitly back up before you do reinstall leopard

does anyone know if a SL timemachine backup backards compatible with leopard?

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Now this makes so much more sense than anything!

Citrix does work (not that it matters to you) but the VPN client I was told to use for work doesn't. It sucks but that's life.

13. rjjk91 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i am pretty sure she has a time machine backup on an external harddrive. So she just needs to put back in the leopard disks that came with her mac?

14. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You can use the original 10.5 system discs or the Snow Leopard one to restore back to a previous Time Machine state.