Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aj2488

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
Hi all,
I'm thinking about splitting the cost of a family pack with a couple friends and want to know what you all think about running Snow Leopard on a 2.16 Intel Core Duo Macbook Pro with 2 GB of ram and 100 GB HD. Will it be run smoothly and correctly? Has anyone done this? Any info will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your time,
Alex

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's all good! Even though my machine fits these requirements I'm still nervous, anyone try this already or should I just quit being a sissy and pull the trigger?

The latter. The worst that can happen is it runs a bit slower on your system.

Warsteiner

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
Ireland
I'm currently running a 2.16 GHz Core Duo Macbook Pro. I bought it just a few weeks ago - the seller had pre-installed SL on it - and so I can't compare it to its performance with 10.4 installed. I can, however, tell you that it feels perfectly snappy and responsive with 10.6. I reckon it'd be a very worthwhile upgrade for you: there are a number of great little touches in it that you'll really appreciate.

Aj2488

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
I'm currently running a 2.16 GHz Core Duo Macbook Pro. I bought it just a few weeks ago - the seller had pre-installed SL on it - and so I can't compare it to its performance with 10.4 installed. I can, however, tell you that it feels perfectly snappy and responsive with 10.6. I reckon it'd be a very worthwhile upgrade for you: there are a number of great little touches in it that you'll really appreciate.

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear Warsteiner! Thank you very much for taking the time to say that. Sounds like tomorrow will be a good day :cool:

borcanm

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2008
Go for it. I have a MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo and Snow Leopard works without a flaw and i have had no performance or any other issues with it. In fact it has faster response times than Tiger and a whole lot more features, plus bootcamp. So go for it.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2007
I don't think you are allowed to split the cost with friends.
The family pack is for computers in one household.
Unless you of course live in one house :))))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.