Snow Leopard on a PC Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pcs are junk, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

hi, i have tried the instructions that lifehacker (as many of us probably know) has provided for us to make a hackintosh. i did not buy any of the units he suggested except for the 8gb thumb drive. i almost got it to work, but it didnt. i have seen videos of people who have it on their pc, and i was wondering how i can get it on mine. i do not want to install it myself, so if someone could please tell me if there is some sort of company that can install it for me, like the geek squad or something, please let me know. thanks!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Your best bet would be to ask over at InsanelyMac. If you do, be sure to go into detail; "it doesn't work" is useless for troubleshooting.

3. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

can someone give me a link to a download that has snow leopard formatted to work on a pc? like one that i can just put on a disc, then put on my pc? thanks

4. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

I am damn sure MacRumors doesn't support illegal things like the whole Hackintoch method and pirating.

5. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

6. celticpride678

Let’s not go into this conversation. If you were to read the MacRumors Forum Rules, it clearly states that there is no discussion of illegal downloading. That means, no Hackintosh discussions here. Sorry.

7. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

8. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

So I see the enticement to save some money and get OS X on a PC machine for a fraction of the price, but if the benefit of having the Apple designed operating system place on the Apple hardware isn't enough to get you to turn away from your PC, what is?

I may be inexperienced with it, but would you expect the OS X to perform the same on equipment that wasn't made for it? Wouldn't the BIOS settings get in the way or am I off base here?:apple:

9. richardsim7 macrumors regular

richardsim7

I agree, ask over at Insanelymac :)

I just got my PC to run Snow Leopard flawlessly :D

Make sure you tell them all your specs, CPU, mobo, graphics card etc :p

-Rich-

10. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

guys, i have a mac, i love macs, and i want to put the os on a pc, because pcs are junk.

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sorry you can't request a link to download software, unless it is a link to buy the software.

12. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

i already have snow leopard and it is running on my mac! i am looking for a pc version.

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That is everyone's excuse for asking for links to download sites, along with I'm lazier than crap and don't want to take the time to return a dud DVD.

Rarely do people say, where can I get a pirate copy of OS X. But it was interesting when that one version included a worm.

14. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

this dvd is fine. i just cant seem to get it to work because people dont post clear directions.

15. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

We do not condone unlicensed software downloads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.