Snow Leopard Pictures

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zafeer, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Zafeer macrumors newbie

I have acquired the latest build of Snow Leopard and am running it on my new aluminum MacBook. I have just started to play with it and have only taken a few screen shots of things i know are different. As i play around and discover new things i will post more screen shots. Stay Tuned for more screens.

LINKS REMOVED

2. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

how stable is it. everywhere i read about it says its ok but too unstable for everyday use.

3. Zafeer thread starter macrumors newbie

From what i have done so far, basic web use and just looking around it seems pretty stable. No crashes or mac BSOD's. But keep in mind i have only had it for a few hours.

4. goldfronts macrumors member

5. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Hey, this looks like Leopard... which is to be expected as Snow Leopard is about under the hood performance [plus some new features like better, iPhone-like integration with MS Exchange (oops, think I just barfed in my mouth) servers]. Could someone please post a screenshot of SL's better performance? :D

6. Zafeer thread starter macrumors newbie

what exactly would you like to see a screen shot of?

7. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

How is the 64bit thing handled (although since this build is from Dec 2008, it is hardly an indication of what the final solution will be)? I noticed that your machine is listed as not supporting 64bit Kernel Extensions, so you are therefore running the OS in 32bit mode (x32 kernel), right? I wonder what it takes to run in 100% pure x64 mode? Of course, I also wonder how Apple is going to sort out the 64bit kernel question.

8. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

You do understand this is against the NDA you agreed to when you signed up for ADC?

You do understand you are breaking the law by uploading these images to imageshack?

9. durija macrumors 6502

What images? All I see are links to image shack and no images. Did you take them down under threat of prosecution?

10. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

What do you want ~ applause?

11. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

If this is really Snow Leopard then at least they could have changed the standard background...maybe to something snow-themed. I'm so fed up of seeing that background on all things Apple, even though it's not on my own machine.

12. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

222 is from the beginning of December 08. I've been testing it for other a month, as have many others. There's nothing new here.

13. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

If you're going to quote, quote it accurately. Don't put words into his mouth.

14. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

This looks EXACTLY like Leopard. They should have changed something in the looks.

15. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

this isn't the final build... i am sure we will see some aesthetic differences. (i would hope)

16. Prekesh macrumors regular

Prekesh

how is the thumbnail view preview for videos in finder, or have you not tried it?

17. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Kind of showing that there's still some to go, and a lot more available to pass to the developers...

18. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

They will change the look of snow leopard somehow, they just don't want to show it off until it's officially released.

19. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

Here you go;

[​IMG]

I heard it's really fast, and operating temps are supposed to be really low.
    Right now it's really rare on the other hand. I hope no one starts poaching my mac when I install it.

20. detz macrumors 65816

Yeah..did you read the license when you downloaded it? You're not even supposed to tell people you have it. :rolleyes:

21. iJosh94 macrumors newbie

iJosh94

22. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

June/July 2009, like Steve said six months ago.

23. iJosh94 macrumors newbie

iJosh94

Wow. Such a close release date. I would expect more excitement over 10.6 if it was coming out in a few months. I would also think Apple should have given details about it at the past keynote. Can't wait till Snow Leopard!