Snow Leopard Pre-Order (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by covertsurfer, Aug 14, 2009.

1. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

Where can UK users pre-order Snow Leopard? Can we still use amazon.com because amazon.co.uk doesn't have it?

Or do we have to wait for amazon.co.uk and get ripped off again in the UK?

2. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

.com won't ship it due to licensing issues. Why do you think you will get ripped off by waiting for the .co.uk site to get it in?

3. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because we usually do! If its $29 in USA I bet they charge £29 which is in fact about $50

4. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

You forget the $29 doesn't include sales tax, the british price does.

Even if they shipped to the UK you will pay 15% Tax on the import, unless your really lucky and it slips through customs.

BTW $9.95 for the American up to date scheme and the UK is £7.95, once you factor in the sales tax it's not really much difference.
    I suspect the full price will be the same.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Wow that's terrible. We have no Apple Stores, refurb store or customer service in finnish here. And we pay even more than you in UK. It's still less than 129$. Plus I think EU has something to do with high prices (taxes)

6. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

Just pre-order from Apple, I did. It was £7.95. Job done. :):)

7. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats because you have bought a Mac recently. Others haven't but are eligible for the $29 upgrade although I dont think you can pre-order that yet from Apple UK

8. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

True, my point was that you might as well get it from Apple instead of a 3rd party.:):)

9. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

That's only for people that are eligible for the up to date disc though. IE if you bought a Mac after June 8th this year.

http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/uptodate/

10. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess so but we still can't pre-order it in the UK

11. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Seems the are a little slow at announcing it in the EU. We'll find out soon enough. As for Pre-ordering, you should be fine. Me, I'll get it from either of my 2 local Apple stores.

12. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

Lack of pre-order details in Eurozone probably points to a late September release (which I know many are already speculating) as you would think they would have it out there by now if it was early September.

It is software rather than hardware so I am not too bothered about shops not having stock etc. Even if they sell out on release day it's not like I am going to have to wait months for more DVDs to be pressed and put back onto shelves.

13. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Does it matter do they take pre-orders or not? I guess Apple will start to take 'em when they announce the release date. Also, EU pricing hasn't been announced, so it's not sure do we get it 29€/£ or for 129

14. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

If you order a couple of days before release you'll be fine.

No point even considering it until they announce the October 23 launch date anyway.