Snow Leopard Preorder?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Richdmoore, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

Does anyone know where I can preorder Snow Leopard from? I would imagine at the $29 price it will be sell out quickly once released from retail places like the apple store or amazon.

2. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

3. Richdmoore thread starter macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

I'll restate it then. Any place to preorder if you do not qualify for the $10 upgrade from apple? Thanks.

4. iBadger macrumors member

When it gets closer to launch you might see preorders pop up. Amazon did a preorder for leopard, so they would probably have one for SL. I'm sure when it's available for preorder you will hear about it on here.

5. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I doubt it is going to sell out any more than any previous edition of Mac OS, since the $29 is the full price and does not reflect any temporary discount (and thus there is no need to run off and get it straight away). And since Apple is dropping the price so much, I am sure they have market research indicating how much more CDs will be sold because of it and manufacture accordingly.

With that said, I am sure you can do it through Amazon, perhaps even Apple will have pre-orders closer to launch date?

6. emaja macrumors 68000

If I remember correctly, Apple offered the pre-order of Tiger and Leopard about a month before they were released. The advantage of pre-ordering from Apple is that they send it to be delivered on the release date.

7. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

what is with this $10 upgrade?
    ive never heard about it, someone said something in another thread but nothing besides, o i ordered it.

8. AppleiZac macrumors member

if u buy a mac after like WWDC09 and on and it doesnt already hav snow leopard included u can upgrade technically for free but the 9.95 is for "shipping and handling"...and other than that yes i qualify and purchased

9. thehouseofdis macrumors newbie

thehouseofdis

So I ordered my uMBP on June 8 @ 21:00.

How do I pre-order Snow Leopard for $9.95? Can someone provide me a link? I didn't see anything on Apple site when I was placing the order.

10. thehouseofdis macrumors newbie

thehouseofdis