Snow Leopard Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shuffles, Oct 15, 2009.

1. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

I just got a new Mac today and I have a problem. When I click on applications and then for example click on my music folder, it all opens up in a preview and then if i select another folder in my music folder that opens up like a preview as well. Its pretty cool but is there a way for the folder just to open when I click on it like with Leopard?

2. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

Have you got the windows set to open in a certain way?

Open one of the folders that's affected and press Cmd+J to show the View Options window. It might have the default setting as Cover Flow or whatever.

3. shuffles thread starter macrumors 6502

shuffles

Is this just the new way in snow Leopard? Previously in Leopard if I clicked on a folder in applications it would open up in the middle of the screen showing everything thats in it whereas now when i click on a folder, a dark grey square appears above the application logo in the dock of the folder name for example music, and when i click on music the details are shown in this little box instead of the whole folder opening up on my page. When this box appears, I've just noticed that I'm given the option to view it normally so I think it's ok now but do I always have to view cover flow initially before looking at it properly? I'd love to bypass that and open the whole folder straight away. Maybe I just need to get used to it.